Citrix Systems announced Citrix GoToManage Monitoring for XenServer. The latest capability of GoToManage solves a key challenge for SMBs and IT consultants in monitoring both physical and virtual servers distributed among dispersed offices and data centres.
GoToManage is the new integrated offering for IT professionals and SMBs who need to monitor and manage a range of devices in support of increasingly distributed, remote and mobile workforces. It builds on Citrix’s number one market position in remote support to provide a new complete remote support and monitoring solution for both attended and unattended computers.
GoToManage consists of a real-time remote support module and a monitoring module, which provides detailed real-time server monitoring, inventory and software discovery, and network tracking. The addition of GoToManage Monitoring for XenServer offers a new single view to track the health and performance of all key physical and virtual IT infrastructure. The service is cloud-based, enabling SMBs to tackle the complexity of managing their servers without the added expense of deploying expensive hardware and software probes.
What Is New for GoToManage:
- Tracks all XenServer host and virtual machine configurations, monitoring their health and performance
- Provides one unified view of all distributed physical and virtual machines
- Discover and inventory physical and virtual servers and view detailed information about their configuration, health and performance
- Provides instant visibility into what virtual machines are running on a given host and detailed information about them
Why it matters
- Makes what was invisible visible, by presenting detailed availability and latency information on all aspects of Windows®, Linux®, and XenServer servers
- Eliminates downtime via automated alerting based on customer-defined critical machine and process thresholds
- Real-time resource monitoring helps to predict capacity bottlenecks and improve overall utilization
“With the rapid growth of cloud computing and virtual infrastructure, IT professionals need a single solution to monitor both physical and virtual machines. Our new XenServer monitoring capabilities take only a few minutes to set up and reinforces our commitment to making the lives of SMBs and IT consultants easier.” Elizabeth Cholawsky, general manager and vice president of IT Services for the Online Services Division of Citrix.
“SMBs and IT professionals increasingly need to provide support to their customers in distributed locations in an affordable and efficient way. Online remote monitoring and management tools such as Citrix GotoManage Monitoring for XenServer that can visualise, monitor and arrange physical and virtual server resources can cut costs for SMB IT professionals, service providers and their customers.” George Hamilton, principal analyst at Yankee Group.
Pricing and Availability
The XenServer functionality is included at no additional cost for all GoToManage Monitoring customers. Also, GoToManage Monitoring has a free version that allows anyone to monitor two servers and inventory and track up to 18 other devices (e.g. computers, switches, routers).
APCS is a premier IT consulting services and solutions provider that help clients plan, build, optimize, and support mission critical IT infrastructure.
We specialize in Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, Symantec, and other IT products and professional services.
For more information: +971 2 6350210 | firstname.lastname@example.org | http://advancepixel.com